Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So3R Question re: British Army List

+2
kwi
Beer Ogre
6 posters

Go down

So3R Question re: British Army List Empty So3R Question re: British Army List

Post  Beer Ogre Sat Sep 25 2010, 06:04

I fancy starting some Secrets of the 3rd Reich at some point in the near future, and I had an idea...

West Wind (the guys who make the So3R minis) also do WW2 Japanese models. So3R has big mechs... the Japanese like mechs... so I though I might get some WW2 Japanese models, then get some 1/144 sized Gundam Mechs (of an appropriate style... chunky with big machine guns or bazookas... not the ones that are all spikes and wings and shit) and paint them all up in a WW2 Japanese military/tank colours.

For Example... one of these jobs... they're ~5" tall and fit on a 50mm base

So3R Question re: British Army List Gundam10

Anyway, my question is this... obviously there isn't a Japanese list, but would this sort of thing work if I just reskinned one of the existing units/models for either the British, German or Russian lists?

I would guess the British list is probably the closest, what with the guys in power suits, mechs and swords I saw on some of the models.

Anyone have any idea?
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

So3R Question re: British Army List Empty Re: So3R Question re: British Army List

Post  kwi Sat Sep 25 2010, 06:08

There are mech building rules in the rulebook, sorted.
Why not write a Jap army list, I'd imagine a certain level of fanatacism, but a rifleman is a man with a rifle no matter what he speaks. Japanese armour tended to be light and compact compared with the rest of the worlds. Samurai warrior based troop type would be nice, maybe as a basis for a supernatural. Kamikaze units probably best kept to a minimum. Ooooh, ninja, you have to have ninja.
So3R Question re: British Army List Samurai

Last edited by kwi on Sat Sep 25 2010, 06:18; edited 1 time in total
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

So3R Question re: British Army List Empty Re: So3R Question re: British Army List

Post  Sargent Slaughter Sat Sep 25 2010, 06:12

http://secretsofthethirdreich.com/forums/index.php?topic=818.0

Hope the link works, theres some nice paintwork!

Big Grin
Sargent Slaughter
Sargent Slaughter

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Ogre Sat Sep 25 2010, 06:29

Top job...

Like I said, the 1/144 Gundam Mech kits are 5" tall and plastic. I got one to convert for Infinity and they are really pretty and really cheap too... you can import one from Japan for less than £10 on eBay... and probably for less if you look about a bit.

I'll have a check through the West Wind Japanese line again, adding some Oni would be ace... Reaper do some lovely models for them... actually I have an Efreeti model from Reaper that would work perfectly, I'll just need to do a weapon swap to a Tetsubo. I have a few plastic clubs from the Ogre Kingdoms sprues that would do for that.

Well... there's another project to add to the list!

Rolling Eyes
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Sat Sep 25 2010, 08:30

Sounds like a lot of fun, I think the best idea would be to look at the rules and see what would suit your idea of japan, for some reason I keep thinking the american list with those super hero type chaps as samurai etc
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Mon Sep 27 2010, 04:04

The British rules would probably be closest as they have most standard weapon set, creating a mech is sort of standard in all the armies, though you could always almagamate sone rules from each army, I doubt anyone on here is going to object to you creating some new rules as long as it works with the standard rules
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Oct 21 2010, 19:24

also remember that the Baily brothers are working on the next Sort book, which will probley have the japs in it, seeing as they fleshed them out alittle more in the doomsday time line

Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down