Warlord British

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Warlord British

Post  Neil on Wed Oct 20 2010, 02:38

Seen some of the warlord stuff at arkham, particularly like the British troops wih the berets, look like spec ops.

My question is can they be used for sotr and would they fit the look of the game. Also what are British like as a faction? Doesn't seem to be any of the cool stuff like monsters, vamps, mechs etc anyone have any exp playing with them
Neil

Back to top Go down

Re: Warlord British

Post  Sargent Slaughter on Wed Oct 20 2010, 04:03

Yes Neil they can be used for SOTR.
The British do have a couple of monster hunter caracters.

Fight well my friend, for tonight we dine in Valhalla!
Sargent Slaughter

Back to top Go down

Post  tyzer on Wed Oct 20 2010, 06:38

You can easily use most historical WWII 28mm minis with SoTR, the core platoon of each is basically a historical army with all the interesting stuff added as either characters of support options.

I use historical minis for my German army, mostly Warlord/Bolt Action and Artizan minis.

As for the British, they are a little weak on the mech front although you can easily create your own but the British have a lot of interesting characters and it'll be good to see more MI-13 and Temple released.
tyzer

http://www.fionaadoresheroes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon on Wed Oct 20 2010, 07:31

The Warlord gamed guys dont have amour, and since British troops tend not to take it (its more expensive) that could work. Make sure you get some British gasmask heads to tho!!

The British are pretty much all anti wierd, will show you the rules for them tomorrow and chat more.

Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil on Wed Oct 20 2010, 07:39

Velsharoon wrote:The Warlord gamed guys dont have amour, and since British troops tend not to take it (its more expensive) that could work. Make sure you get some British gasmask heads to tho!!

The British are pretty much all anti wierd, will show you the rules for them tomorrow and chat more.

yeah its the anti weird thing im not liking here at all!!
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf on Wed Oct 20 2010, 20:11

i play british and love it

when you say weird i guess you mean the monsters in 1949?

well the british are great at standing up against it, with the rule to let them reroll there horror checks and there pistols been very light AT against monsters and zombies means you can pack a punch at short range, very handy at killing that scary werewolf

they can have mechs if you count that as weird and lets not forget the wasp light mech, which has to be one of the best light mechs in the game with its two mode of fighting, vtol and battlesuit, you also have MI 13 and the templers, again very good at killing the monests of the world.

so yeah the hard working british soldier is a match for any weird thing out there

cheers

Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top