Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warmachine tournament - The Legend of Immoren

+7
GeneralDisarray
Dearg_Doom
twyearling
Beer Ogre
Eiglepulper
kwi
Neil
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Warmachine tournament - The Legend of Immoren Empty Warmachine tournament - The Legend of Immoren

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12 2010, 22:28

Our first Warmachine tournament will begin once we have filled 8 available slots.

The tournament will be a straight knock-out format. 8 generals will fight it out across 3 rounds for the chance to have their name etched alongside the legends of the past who have distinguished themselves in battle across the scope of Immoren.

Four matches will be drawn for round one. Generals will have 14 days to complete their battle, arranging this directly with their opponent. Battles must take place at Arkham, and staff notified before the battle begins.

8 will become 4 for round two, then the last 2 standing will face off and the earth will shake as their mighty warriors clash in battle. The winning general will recieve a special coin to commemorate their victory and a 1st place certificate. There are also certificates for 2nd and 3rd place.

For each round, players have 14 days to arrange and complete their match. Each round will be 'best of 3', including a third place play-off between the two losing generals from round two.

Please add your name in a reply below to participate - first 8 to sign-up will go into the draw.

Warmachine Generals

1. Neil (Neil)
2. Karl (Kwi)
3. Graeme (odinswolf)
4. Andy F (Beer Ogre)
5. Jamie (Dearg_Doom)
6. Gary McNeill (meleth)
7. Matt (GeneralDisarray)
8. Justin (dignity)

ROUND 1

Andy vs Karl WINNER: ANDY (2-0)
Graeme vs Matt WINNER: GRAEME (2-1)
Neil vs Jamie WINNER: NEIL (2-0)
Justin vs Gary WINNER: JUSTIN (2-1)

ROUND 2

Andy vs Graeme WINNER: GRAEME (2-1)
Neil vs Justin WINNER: NEIL (Justin forfeits)

THIRD PLACE PLAY-OFF

Andy vs Justin

THE FINAL

Graeme vs Neil

Last edited by doblersdream on Tue Jan 11 2011, 23:48; edited 17 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Warmachine tournament - The Legend of Immoren Empty Re: Warmachine tournament - The Legend of Immoren

Post  Neil Tue Oct 12 2010, 22:45

I'm in, I take it it's just 15points of army
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Warmachine tournament - The Legend of Immoren Empty Re: Warmachine tournament - The Legend of Immoren

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12 2010, 22:48

Yes, just 15 pts Big Grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Wed Oct 13 2010, 01:54

What about Hordes?
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13 2010, 02:00

Yes, Hordes included, sorry i should've specified that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiglepulper Wed Oct 13 2010, 05:04

This would be fun, especially since I've just bought me some Protectorate plastics - except I don't know how to play!

Roger
Eiglepulper
Eiglepulper

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Wed Oct 13 2010, 05:14

Roger stick your name down anyway dude, I'm new to warmachine/hordes myself but will demo it to best of my ability for you. Me and you can get some practice before the tourny
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Ogre Wed Oct 13 2010, 06:29

Sign me up... Twisted Evil

I might even make something new... instead of something unbeatable!!! affraid

Andy
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  twyearling Wed Oct 13 2010, 07:11

Beer Ogre wrote:I might even make something new... instead of something unbeatable!!! affraid

Andy

You're a good sport Andy Big Grin

Still likely to be tough to beat though.

G

Last edited by twyearling on Wed Oct 13 2010, 07:29; edited 1 time in total
twyearling
twyearling
Administrator

http://www.arkhamgamingcentre.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13 2010, 07:12

Maybe we should introduce some form of handicapping for Mr Frazer. *googles "How to temporarily limit someone's depth of field"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Ogre Wed Oct 13 2010, 07:22

doblersdream wrote:Maybe we should introduce some form of handicapping for Mr Frazer. *googles "How to temporarily limit someone's depth of field"

Very simple... Phil... you choose a faction for me! Big Grin

I can run just about anything except the new Minion factions (cos they ain't out yet or I don't have enough yet Razz ) and the Circle of Orboros (as I sold them to Neil)... I'm a sporting man... give it your best shot.
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Ogre Wed Oct 13 2010, 07:24

Incidentally... if anyone wants to play, but doesn't have enough "stuff". Drop Phil and I a PM and I'll sort you out with something. Big Grin

I can leave the "stuff" at Arkham for you to use... it just might not be all painted. Embarassed
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13 2010, 07:28

Beer Ogre wrote:Incidentally... if anyone wants to play, but doesn't have enough "stuff". Drop Phil and I a PM and I'll sort you out with something. Big Grin

I can leave the "stuff" at Arkham for you to use... it just might not be all painted. Embarassed

Awesome!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dearg_Doom Wed Oct 13 2010, 07:44

Oh yeah sign me up! So long as i dont have to play Andy in the first round......
Dearg_Doom
Dearg_Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Ogre Wed Oct 13 2010, 07:55

Dearg_Doom wrote:Oh yeah sign me up! So long as i dont have to play Andy in the first round......

I wanna play Jamie in the first round... the psychological portion of the battle seems to have already been decided Twisted Evil
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  twyearling Wed Oct 13 2010, 07:59

This draw will be interesting, you can almost guarantee Jamie Vs. Beer in the first round!

G
twyearling
twyearling
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13 2010, 09:09

That's exactly what Jamie is afraid of!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14 2010, 06:36

OK that's all 8 places snapped up, but please post below if you'd like to play in the next one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  twyearling Thu Oct 14 2010, 06:54

Excellent! We should do the BIG draw on Friday... maybe not appropriate tonight with the Infinity guys down Big Grin

G
twyearling
twyearling
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14 2010, 06:56

Why aren't you here, Mr Gardner!? bounce
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  twyearling Thu Oct 14 2010, 07:06

doblersdream wrote:Why aren't you here, Mr Gardner!? bounce

Three long work days in a row and an early start tomorrow... I'm shattered! Hope to be along on Friday, take some pics tonight dude!

G
twyearling
twyearling
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sat Oct 16 2010, 21:47

Was the draw made for the tourney?
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16 2010, 23:59

Apologies for the delay. Had planned to do the draw last night but didn't get down in the end.

The names have just been drawn at random by John Kell, so here's the round 1 matches....drumroll...

Andy vs Karl
Graeme vs Matt
Neil vs Jamie
Justin vs Gary

Competitors have until Sat 30th October to arrange and complete their matches. Matches must take place at Arkham and a member of staff notified before the game begins. Best of three games wins and progresses to the next round draw.

Good luck! cheers

Edit: One space now available.

Last edited by doblersdream on Thu Oct 21 2010, 09:39; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Ogre Sun Oct 17 2010, 00:12

As nobody stepped up to the plate to tell me what to play... I'll be playing the Mercenaries!

But what contract will it be... 4 Star Syndicate... Searforge Commission... The Magnus Agenda... my brand spanking new Pirates from the Talion Charter??? pirat

Who knows! Wink

Well... I know obviously... but that would be telling! Suspect

Good luck all! Now get working on your lists... Donk

P.S. If anyone wants a hand putting a list together, drop me a PM. My list is already made and won't be changing... so I promise to be objective. I want people to have fun... not get killed in the first turn! Razz
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralDisarray Sun Oct 17 2010, 01:02

I take it we make up one list and play it through all the rounds?

Or is it a flexible thing?

Matt
GeneralDisarray
GeneralDisarray

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next