Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign

+8
kwi
cthulhubruce
Heretic
tonyr
Revic
Velsharoon
Neil
tyzer
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign  Empty Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign

Post  tyzer Mon Nov 15 2010, 08:32

Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign  Sotr-b11

At last I'm happy to announce that the rules for the Secrets of the Third Reich campaign are now available at;
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=1_kL8k8uyZJZllR_iDrQGfhulRMX78tIp6XnR0ecKAIXRIocxeYc8EcO2lVof&hl=en&authkey=CN-W-r0O

The campaign is due to start on Saturday 20th November at Arkham Gaming Centre's WWII charity event, can all players that wish to play in the campaign please register their intention here and confirm that they can make it on Saturday.

I'd also ask for players to state which nation they plan on playing and also which nights suit them best to play the campaign, campaign turns will be played at Arkham Gaming Centre with battles being played at either TableTopNorth or Arkham

Last edited by tyzer on Tue Nov 23 2010, 09:59; edited 1 time in total
tyzer
tyzer

http://www.fionaadoresheroes.com

Back to top Go down

Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign  Empty Re: Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign

Post  Neil Mon Nov 15 2010, 22:24

If only I had an army! Sounds like a good campaign in the making trev, all sotr players have no excuses! Everyone get stuck in
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign  Empty Re: Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15 2010, 22:38

Awesome! Nice work Trevor Big Grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tyzer Mon Nov 15 2010, 23:39

Thanks for the comments, but where's the players?

Here's some optional rules for the campaign.

Optional Rule – Railways

If an army moves onto a hex with a railway that it currently claims or is unclaimed then it may use the railway to move onto an adjacent hex, the final hex does not have to have a railway on it only the first hex has to, a player is allowed to engage enemies in a fight by using railways.

A player is only allowed to move up to two hexes using railways.

If a player uses railways on unclaimed hexes then the player claim the hex in the Gather Resources phase.
Players cannot use railways in hexes claimed by enemies, but can attempt to claim the hex as normal in the Gather Resource phase and then use the railway next turn

Optional Rule – Resolving Battles without using the Secrets of the Third Reich rules

If the players for whatever reason cannot organise their fight then they mat use the following rule to resolve the fight instead; each player rolls a D6 and adds 1 for every 10 RPs that is in the army (for example +1 for 15 RPs or +2 for 28RPs), the player with the highest total is declared the winner and the turn continues as normal, if the rolls result in a tie then the fight is considered a draw and is played as per the rules for victory conditions not being met. Fights resolved in this manner gain no experience for any of the armies involved.

Last edited by tyzer on Tue Nov 16 2010, 00:50; edited 1 time in total
tyzer
tyzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Mon Nov 15 2010, 23:51

My Soviets are ready to rock and roll
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Tue Nov 16 2010, 04:29

My US troops are ready to go, just some finishing touches for saturday.
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  tyzer Tue Nov 16 2010, 05:54

I'm also planning on taking part with my Germans
tyzer
tyzer

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Tue Nov 16 2010, 07:08

My British troops are ready for action.

I'm finalising the map this week.

Trevor, I think that there will also be ports and perhaps airfields (if it doesn't complicate things too much).

Cheers Tony
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Heretic Wed Nov 17 2010, 04:43

All being well will be there on the 20th. Will be bringing HM forces as I onlyhave british!

William
Heretic
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Wed Nov 17 2010, 10:16

Hi folks,

Here is the first draft of the map:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VY1-XBPR_Pk3NFSB6ojUh2X3jdffvfpLwb7svwjAu5E/edit?hl=en&authkey=CIukz7wE

Please have a look and let me know if you have any feedback. I'll try to add a legend before I print the final version.

Cheers Tony
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Wed Nov 17 2010, 10:54

Looks great Tony, cheers!
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  cthulhubruce Wed Nov 17 2010, 11:09

Trev, id quite like to enter this with my germans - or americans depending on where balance is needed - though id like another crack at the game with you as my understanding of it is still a little poor, perhaps you could spare a night for my benifit and maybe any other newbie out there.

obviously my armies are standard WWII figures and tanks bar a couple of sotr extras. equally im quite happy to 'lend' a force to someone who would like in but currently hasnt got enough figures yet.
cthulhubruce
cthulhubruce
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  cthulhubruce Wed Nov 17 2010, 11:10

tonyr wrote:Hi folks,

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VY1-XBPR_Pk3NFSB6ojUh2X3jdffvfpLwb7svwjAu5E/edit?hl=en&authkey=CIukz7wE

Please have a look and let me know if you have any feedback. I'll try to add a legend before I print the final version.

Cheers Tony

good work here mate nice to see a map adds depth
cthulhubruce
cthulhubruce
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Heretic Wed Nov 17 2010, 11:48

tonyr wrote:Hi folks,

Cheers Tony

Loverlee job mate.
Heretic
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Wed Nov 17 2010, 18:34

I'll play a noobie game against you AndyB, I've only played the intro scenario myself.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  tyzer Thu Nov 18 2010, 07:04

Happy to run a demo game whenever anyone is interested, just name a night and we'll sort something out.

What time do people want to start the campaign on Saturday? As I don't want to keep everyone from all the other great stuff being hosted on Saturday.

I also realised that I maybe didn't explain my plans for running behind the campaign, I'm hoping to run the campaign for the next couple of weeks for more (depending on the players interest) by setting dates in which the campaign turns will be played and the time in between can by used by players to sort out their battles.
tyzer
tyzer

Back to top Go down

Post  chub Thu Nov 18 2010, 07:53

I would be interested in seeing an intro game as well, I have recently got into the game and currently only own the Sniper starter set
chub
chub

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sat Nov 20 2010, 23:17

I would like to get stuck into this campaign also, but no army is probably going to hamstring me quite a bit! Trevor if there are any armies sitting about needing used give me a shout or if you need a sniper commander for any games being played to add a kick in the teeth for any recon teams let me know
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Sun Nov 21 2010, 05:19

Hey Neil,

I will happily leave my army at Arkham if needed, would need some co ordination as I will be playing a TTN to. You might not be able to take part in this campaign tho as it is already on Turn 3.

Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sun Nov 21 2010, 10:40

Damn turn 3 already! Def sounds to late for me now, will just have to get my arse in gear for next sotr campaign that runs and get an army together
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sun Nov 21 2010, 11:45

But more to the point what happened in the campaign so far? Are we going to get a battle report or an update as to what the forces have been up too!
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Mon Nov 22 2010, 07:58

There has only been one battle, Mikes Yanks vs Trevors Germans it ended in a draw. There is another two battles to be fought before Turn 4, both of them me vs Trevor. Everyone else is concentrating on siezing territory and being girly!
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  tyzer Mon Nov 22 2010, 08:42

Neil wrote:Damn turn 3 already! Def sounds to late for me now, will just have to get my arse in gear for next sotr campaign that runs and get an army together
I've also had another player asking to join the campaign, so I'll have a look at the map this week and see if i can get you both on board and playing.

I don't see it being a huge problem with adding some new players, the only downside is that you'll have 5 to 10 RPs less than other players but that can be quickly changed with some aggressive territory claiming and battles. Big Grin
tyzer
tyzer

Back to top Go down

Post  tyzer Mon Nov 22 2010, 11:12

A couple of rules updates from Saturday.

Moving Across Water
An army can only move or scout over water onto another hex if the original hex they are moving from has a city or port in it.

Recouping Losses in an Army
After a fight an army is allowed to recoup any losses by spending RPs from the players inventory, the RP costs are;
  • 1 RPs to rebuild a unit that has lost less than 50%.
  • 2 RPs to rebuild a unit that has lost more then 50% and still has models still alive in the unit.
Any optional weapons (ie. LMG) bought with RPs for the unit that are lost in a fight must be re-bought for unit using RPs as normal.

Units that are completely destroyed cannot be rebuilt.

I'll hopefully publish the updated rules this week.
tyzer
tyzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Mon Nov 22 2010, 12:08

i'll be joining this with my british 1bn Coldstream guards

if anyone needs or wants an intro game by all means im up for helping out

cheers ironwolf
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next