Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40k campain idear thread

+10
sir_m1ke
Neil
DrunkBobNoPants
KharnForBloodGod
meleth
Velsharoon
Eiglepulper
BloddshotDAVE
kwi
Ironwolf
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

40k campain idear thread Empty 40k campain idear thread

Post  Ironwolf Sat Feb 05 2011, 02:17

So with alot of the guys enjoying Niels killteam campain and a buzz for 40k, I asked wednsday night who would be intrested in a campain, my idear is to have it based around a large event in the 40k back ground something like armaggeddon or the black crusades, possible badab war things along them lines.

So before I can work out the background and the map ( will be nice and big ) I need you guys to tell me what you would like to use. The points size you would like to go up to and any preference were and when the campain will be set.

For me I'll be running ether my space wolves or my new blood angel army depending how long this takes to set up.

So let me know what you think then I cam start getting sorted.

Cheers rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

40k campain idear thread Empty Re: 40k campain idear thread

Post  kwi Sat Feb 05 2011, 02:49

How about some sort of escalation campaign stating off from where Calaxia left off? More and more troops arriving in the area over time, victories giving bonuses to your troop levels until you meet defeat. Keep the mechanism simple as really involved campaigns with Chain of supply issues, fixed armies marching around etc need a lot of commitment from all involved and typically only last a few turns.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Sat Feb 05 2011, 02:57

That's why you use the Planet strike rules, have say five campain turns each turn a month long so every one can get games in. Also no on player will tacked alone, so all marine and guard players will be in one team ect. Depending on the forces used will also affect the break down of the teams

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Sat Feb 05 2011, 03:51

this souinds good. as long as i can get up ive missed out on the killteam due to assignment work for tech No . but the campagin sunds good

just a thought but first games cud be planet strike based? ie the rest of the army arriving on the planet. wit he idea being the only practiaclly drop zones within enemy territory.

BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Tue Feb 08 2011, 22:14

We can stick this on the back burner untill andys gorkamaroka has finished so we dont have aload of things going on at once
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiglepulper Tue Feb 08 2011, 22:50

Sounds like a plan, Rik. I'll probably go either Emperor's Children or Tau, but you know I've access to a few other armies if the sides need balancing up.

Roger
Eiglepulper
Eiglepulper

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Tue Feb 08 2011, 23:09

I will go orks IF its an escalation type thing, as I am starting from scratch. Putting it on the back burner doesnt mean we cant lay the ground work Big Grin
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Tue Feb 08 2011, 23:38

Nps

I need to know who wants to join in and with what army, as I'd rather build a story around who taking part rather than have a GW style medusa v campain were evertom dick and Harry fight over a planet thats going to die anyway so lame

Until then I'm just stuck looking at all the map tiles

Did you know you can make a massive tower with them it stats like 3 foot

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Wed Feb 09 2011, 03:12

I'd be up for joining in, You could always do a mix of stuff like planet strike for the initial landings and maybe some city fighting based stuff aswell.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Wed Feb 09 2011, 03:42

The great thing about been sat in a portacabin for 12hours aday is you get to drink loads of coffee and get hypa and listen to heavy metal rather loud

But the plus side is I get to paint and sit and write oreads forth campain

So here's a little how the map will work

City's will use the city's of death rule set, also attacking team need 3 wins to take it
Runin tiles can use standered mission rules or city's of death this includes planet strike
Forest tiles will use standered rules and planet strike
Mountains will use standered rues
Open plain/river tiles will use standered rules
Spaceports will use all rules set up to players involved, also during the campain they grant the team holding them to be able to attack any map tile once per spaceport held.

Think that's it
Like I said once I know who is doing what and with what army I'll post the story and build the map

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  KharnForBloodGod Wed Feb 09 2011, 04:20

Sounds like a plan not quite as happy with the back burner thing but hay ho

The black legion are at your service
KharnForBloodGod
KharnForBloodGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Wed Feb 09 2011, 04:51

KharnForBloodGod wrote:Sounds like a plan not quite as happy with the back burner thing but hay ho

The black legion are at your service

There is no need to wait while the gorkamorka thing is running, plenty of people will want to play 40k and not play gorkamorka.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  DrunkBobNoPants Wed Feb 09 2011, 10:29

I'd be up for this. The survivor race of Eldar would be at my disposal.
DrunkBobNoPants
DrunkBobNoPants

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Thu Feb 10 2011, 09:38

ultramarine 2nd company standing by.
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Feb 10 2011, 19:39

Well guys looks like the ball is rolling fast for this
So here is an outline of the story I'll post a new thread for the fluff later on for you guys to add your army stuff to it

So here is a quick tasted of what we are fighting and why

Helion system lies close to the south east corner of the Eye of Terror, a small cluster of Planets which has seen lots of cultist activity at late with a number of large sectors been over run with orca the Helion system is primed for the taking.

Khrans Black Legion on orders from the Warmaster, are to move in system and take control of Helion V, the main hub of imperial rule. Andys orcs which seem more intent on getting gork and morks favor are massing for a WAAAAAGGH! Into the system to kill da weak humies.

A number of chapters have answered the call and are on route to stand once again to defend an Emperors world.

In darkness of space to north of the galaxys rim hunger is moving closer there vanguard all ready on Helion V calling there breed to come and feast.

Si there's an outline so far.

As people are sti building there army's and what not I plan to run small scale game before the planet gets fully invaded, this will include the opening attacks on imperial listing posts and outlieing outposts, hit and run attacks to slow the nods

Once every one is happy and ready to go Helion V will live to see another day or die a gruesome death.

Each faction will work in teams

Imperial to include all marine and guard players, these will get to hold key areas on the planet from the start.
Chaos/Orc will work together but will the pact last or will they turn on each other.
Nids is put these guys on there own but have no fear they will get a nice campain bonus

Other, this is for players who can't always be here and only get in now and again, races such ad eldar or there dark kin, demon hunters and there shadow loving brethren.

Cheers for the feed back guys every little helps to get this working with out your urease and suggestions it would happen so keep them coming. I'll get the full background written up and posted on a story thread, there you guys can added to it.

Cheers again

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Feb 10 2011, 23:04

DrunkBobNoPants wrote:I'd be up for this. The survivor race of Eldar would be at my disposal.

Sorry dude didn't see this

I'll write you in the story got a nice idear for you

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  DrunkBobNoPants Fri Feb 11 2011, 01:27

Ironwolf wrote:
DrunkBobNoPants wrote:I'd be up for this. The survivor race of Eldar would be at my disposal.

Sorry dude didn't see this

I'll write you in the story got a nice idear for you

Rik

Cool, just make it that they're a sneaky bunch of Space Elves. :D
DrunkBobNoPants
DrunkBobNoPants

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Fri Feb 11 2011, 01:48

The eldar are all ready on the planet and have been there far long than the humans Smile

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Feb 11 2011, 02:07

I will play a part in this, on the Imperium side of course hopefully with my new chapter of my own design!
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Fri Feb 11 2011, 02:14

AWSOME dude!!

If you need a hand with getting the chapter up and running give me a shout, it can be a bit of an under taking and not as easy as people think.

I have a few books that could help you, how to paint marines has a great check list in the back for making your own chapter, with what colours go well together, different patterns and a nice name generator, also I have the index astartes book not sure if you can get this any more so I'll bring them in

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Feb 11 2011, 02:29

Ironwolf wrote:AWSOME dude!!

If you need a hand with getting the chapter up and running give me a shout, it can be a bit of an under taking and not as easy as people think.

I have a few books that could help you, how to paint marines has a great check list in the back for making your own chapter, with what colours go well together, different patterns and a nice name generator, also I have the index astartes book not sure if you can get this any more so I'll bring them in

Rik

That would be pretty cool dude, much appreciated
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Fri Feb 11 2011, 03:04

Hey im more than up for this, i can do Eldar straight away (anything up to 2000pts) if you want another Eldar force, or if you run Escalation style i can do Nids as well as i am starting to acquire nids stuff

I could do Death Guard or Ultramarines as well but it seems the Power Armour quota may be full for this campaign Rolling Eyes so i will rock some Xenos threat to give a bit of variation
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Fri Feb 11 2011, 03:21

Eldar or nids could do with a few extra players

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Fri Feb 11 2011, 05:43

Ironwolf wrote:If you need a hand with getting the chapter up and running give me a shout, it can be a bit of an under taking and not as easy as people think.

No s@*t! Mine is still in development after 20 years, 2 name changes, 2 colour-scheme adaptations (GW will keep discontinuing old paints!), several model losses (thanks, moving house!) and incalculable attempts to incorporate - find ways round - updated fluff! I currently have reams of background in various states of write-up and a bunch of models in various states of unbuilt-, unconverted- & unpainted-ness.

Still the Spectral Legion wll be coming to a table near you sometime* in the (probably grim, dark) future.

*they're on my extensive "to-do" list.
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Wed Feb 16 2011, 12:14

How is the planning coming along for this now Rik?

I will be about wed night if you need a hand with it
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next