Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40k campain idear thread

+10
sir_m1ke
Neil
DrunkBobNoPants
KharnForBloodGod
meleth
Velsharoon
Eiglepulper
BloddshotDAVE
kwi
Ironwolf
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

40k campain idear thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 40k campain idear thread

Post  meleth Wed Feb 16 2011, 13:31

I'm up for this, I can use Dark Eldar or either Salamander/ Crimson fist marine whatever suits.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Wed Feb 16 2011, 20:42

Ill be down tonight if there is an ideas session on the rip, ill weigh in with my 2 pence afro

With a lot of guys (seemingly) starting some new armies (myself+nids included) we could start escalation style, 400-500pts style for a week or two and build up from there. Would allow time for guys like me who are skint and starting a new army to build up a force, and also allows guys who are just starting/coming back to 40k to learn rules and tactics on a small scale

there would also be room for the guys with pre-existing forces to fight small battles or play big games against other large forces- i can always crack out the Eldar for the bigger battles while still building up the nids

OR to take both ideas aside, perhaps have some sort of new army challenge? have a section in the 40k sub-forum where guys post up the sprues/unpainted models they will work on for the following fortnight/month/whatever and as the league builds each player would acquire a new, well painted and built army or add to an existing army. each guy that enters would get 3 "real-life" passes that would mean they wouldnt have to finish the unit/character/vehicle off that fortnight/month due to other commitments. And have some sort of signature for the forum for all those entering who are keeping up with their building/painting schedule, or some other incentive for keeping going. I know it would encourage me to keep the painting going

Just a thought afro
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Wed Feb 16 2011, 21:19

well the smurfs 2nd company is no more ive sold it on. so my small chaos waraband wil have to step in. so escalation style sunds good.
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Wed Feb 16 2011, 21:23

I love the tale of four gamers type stuff, would be well up fo growing my Gorkamorka mob into something mean and green.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  weeivor Wed Feb 16 2011, 23:08

I really like the idea of this.

I am trying to make room from all my work committments and become a little bit more committed to gaming. I have too many toys at home now not too. Twisted Evil

It would actually be nice to go for escalation style - even with some sort of gamers diary? I am sure a nice narrative campaign could be formed to drive it forward?

Would you guys also be happy if we take the ideas and start publicising them on our Facebook site? We may be able to pull people in.

For the Emperor! cheers
weeivor
weeivor

http://www.weegamers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Wed Feb 16 2011, 23:28

How they do it on warseer is you all have a year to paint an army of 2000 points, you have two jokers to use if you cant make that months quota (200 points). You can buy back jokers if you paint over 400 points (400 gets you one joker, 600 two...).

Thats the mens category, boys is 1000 points over a year. You may think a year is a long time but it really isnt, especially with work, family and other games.

Be fantastic to get us all modelling, painting and clearing mini backlogs. Since 200 points is also the point value of a kill team....
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Wed Feb 16 2011, 23:52

Wow now we have two pages lol

Some good idears coming

Not problems from me Ivor.
The log sounds good as well like the idear of every ones army growing, but to be honest I wasn't fussed if your army was painted or not lol

Well a small update, the maps built I just need to get it painted and sort out the markers then that's done

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Feb 17 2011, 03:41

As this thread has got bigger I'm keeping to chat about the up and coming campain, due to posts been lost and all over the place regarding what players plan to use I've openned a sign up thread, only post up what army and faction you will belong to.

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Thu Feb 17 2011, 05:56

Velsharoon wrote:How they do it on warseer is you all have a year to paint an army of 2000 points, you have two jokers to use if you cant make that months quota (200 points). You can buy back jokers if you paint over 400 points (400 gets you one joker, 600 two...).

Thats the mens category, boys is 1000 points over a year. You may think a year is a long time but it really isnt, especially with work, family and other games.

Be fantastic to get us all modelling, painting and clearing mini backlogs. Since 200 points is also the point value of a kill team....

This is a good idea, certainly. My idea is based off the Army Painting competition on Heresy Online (my regular haunt and idea dump) which is very similar but is based on a unit for that month rather than points cost- which would be easy enough for Daemonhunters, ELdar etc. but makes life more difficult for the more numerous armies like IG, Orks and Nids

But i certainly think that some sort of log/record with plenty of pictures is a brilliant way of keeping everyone motivated and focussed- i know i am terrible for jumping from one army to the next (wait til you see the state of my Beastmen tonight lol) and this could be of great benefit

plus at the end of the time we will have plenty of pics of lovely armies, plenty of games with the new army via the league and this can only be a good thing for Arkham PR and tournament representation Rocking
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Thu Feb 17 2011, 10:34

I Love that escalation Idea, it's also a brilliant way to get people motivated to paint their armies.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindrik Sat Feb 19 2011, 05:38

Is this going to be an escalation campaign? If so I'd like to bring my Necrons. It would give me a good chance to learn the rules!

Don't really want to sign up until I'm sure. Cheers!
Kindrik
Kindrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sat Feb 19 2011, 08:33

Kindrik wrote:Is this going to be an escalation campaign? If so I'd like to bring my Necrons. It would give me a good chance to learn the rules!

Don't really want to sign up until I'm sure. Cheers!

This is going to be an escalation type campaign dude, I think rik plans to link progress of all the players on Warseer and so Arkham will get some good coverage.
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Sat Feb 19 2011, 09:48

yep it will be a build up campain

also guys started getting your forces ready to be painted

as of the 1ST MARCH, there will be a log openned for all people who enter the campain to show there force, i'll set up the thread in the painting section here at Arkham and also in the syfi logs on Warseer.

you will need to show one unit per month or a joker, a joker must be a funny pic of a clown or a pic of a joker card Big Grin

as for what a unit is, that can be a one model unit like a lone wolf to a 20 man crusader squad, if you get 2 or more units done per month you can buy back lost jokers

at the end of every post make sure you say how many jokers you have left, you START with 3 and only every get the max of 3

example
Jokers 3/3

i plan to start campain on the 1st of april

cheers

rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Sat Feb 19 2011, 11:16

Really psyched for this love the excalation idea and it's perfect timing for my new Dark Eldar army with only 1 painted model so far! Btw Kindrik pm me sometime if you want that 40k game would be good practice for this campaign :D.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Sun Feb 20 2011, 03:09

guys ive edited the sign up thread, it now includes a poll with what factions have what players, so people can see what side is low on numbers, this might help it been odd numbers, so if you have signed up could you please go back and do the poll

cheers

rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  KharnForBloodGod Sun Feb 20 2011, 05:10

Poll done

Rik I have edited my fluff signip and just give a bit of background so u can mOld it for the campaign
KharnForBloodGod
KharnForBloodGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Sun Feb 20 2011, 07:38

cheers bud

remember you have a few weeks to get sorted for the first painting posts Big Grin

so if you paint loads you can cheat Big Grin

rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  KharnForBloodGod Sun Feb 20 2011, 07:55

Most of my army is painted already but alot of it needs finished so I am well on the ball
KharnForBloodGod
KharnForBloodGod

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Mon Feb 21 2011, 07:31

Ironwolf wrote:
as of the 1ST MARCH, there will be a log openned for all people who enter the campain to show there force, i'll set up the thread in the painting section here at Arkham and also in the syfi logs on Warseer.

mind if i throw a plog up on Heresy Online as well? i gave up posting on warseer a long time ago, there is so much fail and bullshit posted up there i gave up years ago being the voice of reason....
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Mon Feb 21 2011, 08:21

go for it
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Mon Feb 21 2011, 09:49

I haven't used my warseer account in ages(what Mike says rings true!) but think I'll pop on just for this log.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  KharnForBloodGod Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:10

So this seems like it's all go I just have a few questions

What is the starting points limit?
How is this going to escalate in points and at what stages?
How does the map system work?
The campaign turn time frame?
Also how does the hole painting thing work

A new thread outlining everything would be a big help as trawling through this one is hard going

So really not much then lol
KharnForBloodGod
KharnForBloodGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Wed Feb 23 2011, 09:21

i'll make a new thread
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  cthulhubruce Sat Feb 26 2011, 20:38

okay, so after a couple of lite 'getting up to speed' games i think i would like to ave a go at this rik. Granted i havent really played in sooo long, ivor and the kids have at least managed to rekindle a spark in me.

i think ill be going with Chaos Marines, yes had planned BA's but i just know ill end up buying 3 stormravens.....Iron Warriors "Tear down their walls, then tear them apart! death to the corpse god!"

thats assuming i havent missed the ball.
cthulhubruce
cthulhubruce
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Sat Feb 26 2011, 21:31

nope mate

check the other threads and see what else is going on
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down