Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VANQUISH - ARKHAM CHAMPION 2011

+2
Ironwolf
KharnForBloodGod
6 posters

Go down

VANQUISH - ARKHAM CHAMPION 2011 Empty VANQUISH - ARKHAM CHAMPION 2011

Post  KharnForBloodGod Thu Mar 10 2011, 04:19

Vanquish is here!

As most of you know this is Jamie and my baby. And after weeks of rule writes, re-writes, updates and play testing the balance is finally right. So here goes! Just follow the link below for the rule book!

VANQUISH PDF

The tournament will start in a couple of weeks as it is only one unit you have to prepare and ready. Date will be confirmed

Required signup criteria
  • Characters name
    Race
    Fighting force
    Codex upgrades
    Vanquish battle honours
    Honours – fluff
    Picture of completed model (can be added at any point)

The Tournament

The tournament will consist of two stages. A league and a knockout final
The league will be depend on the amount of registered players if there is a good player count you could be expected to play up to 5 scoring bouts. The league will continue for a one month period.

The league scoring system is as follows 3 points for a win / 1 point for a draw / 1 point for post battle write ups (fluff)
The league will place you in your seeds for the knockout finals. First Place will play last place. Second place will play second last and so on. The knockout stage will play through until the Arkham Vanquish Champion is crowned. (There will be a Trophy)

The Bouts

Each Bout is the best of 3 duels just so you can get a fair result and a good measure of your opponent. It will be watched by an independent judge who will be scoring the duels as follows
2 points for a win / 1 point for aggression / 1 point for style

In the aggression category the scoring is done on wounds caused. (Instant Death counts only as one wound)
The style category will take the following into account – Climbing Assaults / Jumping Assaults / Use of Features (Barrels etc) / Play style /use of game Mechanic.
The victor over the three bouts (in points) will get the 3 points for a league win or continue to the next stage in the knockouts (there can be no draw in the knockouts sudden death only)

Prior to the first round of Battles the fluff thread will be opened.
Good Luck Chaps

KharnForBloodGod
KharnForBloodGod

Back to top Go down

VANQUISH - ARKHAM CHAMPION 2011 Empty Re: VANQUISH - ARKHAM CHAMPION 2011

Post  Ironwolf Thu Mar 10 2011, 18:42

Snorri Angeryfist sttod at the end of the arena looking at the large fat looking chaos warrior
he spits of the floor and grins

*im going to f%%k you up*

Snorri Angeryfist charged laughing as rises his axe.......
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Sat Mar 12 2011, 21:29

I'll have to get time to read through the rules you came up with but I'd be interested in giving this a go, the scoring criteria alone sound pretty intriguing!
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiglepulper Sun Mar 13 2011, 03:06

Yeah, I'm interested in this. Now then.....which to choose? CSM Lord? Wolf Guard Battle Leader? Tau Shas'O? Necron Lord? 13th Company Wolf Lord? Farseer?

AAAAARRRGGGH! My head aches.

Roger
Eiglepulper
Eiglepulper

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Sun Mar 13 2011, 03:26

Same here, for me it's between Black Templar Marshal(just because I love the forge world shield he has!), Farseer, Space Marine Captain, Dark Eldar Succubus or a Dark Eldar Archon.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sun Mar 13 2011, 04:10

Good stuff justy really looks the part, much respect to you and Jamie

And Gary few weeks ago you were asking is 40k dead!! Dude it's alive and kicking from what I can see
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Sun Mar 13 2011, 06:49

from the vast and intimidating battle cruiser lord fleckhog of the death guard wil wipe the floor and claim the trophy as his. muhaahaahaaahaa

just working out my fluffy wuffy then il post my entry

Last edited by BloddshotDAVE on Sun Mar 13 2011, 08:27; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : change of legion)
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  KharnForBloodGod Sun Mar 13 2011, 08:01

Lord Rasscarro bringer of bliss, reaper of rapture! He eyes his opponent from across the battle field his blissgiver quivering in it's scabbard. No pleasure seeming as intense, never had he felt the waves of bliss madness wash and brake over him, not since his inception into the flawless host warband. Oh the euphoria soon to ensue the ecstasy that will writh through his frame win or lose he wins.

Registration to follow just working my battle honours out and my fluff just staking my claim lol
KharnForBloodGod
KharnForBloodGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down