Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre?

+4
Guncutter
Lupercal
cthulhubruce
scarecr0w14
8 posters

Go down

What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Empty What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre?

Post  Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 04:48

Let us know your thoughts..any particular wargaming, RPG, CCG, LARP type events you'd like to see?

Last edited by doblersdream on Tue Jun 28 2011, 21:27; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Empty Re: What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre?

Post  scarecr0w14 Sun Mar 28 2010, 06:17

Would be cool to see some Space Hulk and a night for beginners.
scarecr0w14
scarecr0w14

Back to top Go down

What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Empty Space hulk and neewbies!

Post  cthulhubruce Sun Mar 28 2010, 06:34

Hi SC14

well bringing SH along to play is no issue. Currently there's no in house copy so to speak. But part of the goal for Arkham GC is to bring folk together to share and play not only their normal games and systems but to try new things too!

On the project list there is a Space Hulk table hopefully a mutli- level board just to make things fun!

Arkham is as much for new people as established gamers. Wat won't be accepted is bad attitude! New players learn best from long standing players. We all start somewhere, but we are looking at something totally for new fans.... But it won't all be apace marines and battle crys.

If there's anything more specific let us know!
cthulhubruce
cthulhubruce
Administrator

Back to top Go down

What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Empty Re: What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre?

Post  scarecr0w14 Sun Mar 28 2010, 06:48

cthulhubruce wrote:Hi SC14

well bringing SH along to play is no issue. Currently there's no in house copy so to speak. But part of the goal for Arkham GC is to bring folk together to share and play not only their normal games and systems but to try new things too!

On the project list there is a Space Hulk table hopefully a mutli- level board just to make things fun!

Arkham is as much for new people as established gamers. Wat won't be accepted is bad attitude! New players learn best from long standing players. We all start somewhere, but we are looking at something totally for new fans.... But it won't all be apace marines and battle crys.

If there's anything more specific let us know!

Thanks, I have a copy of SH myself although im using the termies in an army atm. Yeah Id like to learn how to play both 40k and WFB, Ive been into the hobby ten years and the last time i played was like 3rd ed?

Cheers.
scarecr0w14
scarecr0w14

Back to top Go down

Post  cthulhubruce Sun Mar 28 2010, 06:58

Thanks, I have a copy of SH myself although im using the termies in an army atm. Yeah Id like to learn how to play both 40k and WFB, Ive been into the hobby ten years and the last time i played was like 3rd ed?

Cheers.[/quote]

Ah your suffering from what we at Arkham call 'life' , but worry not.....we are the cure!
cthulhubruce
cthulhubruce
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupercal Sun Mar 28 2010, 17:30

There are a few copied of SH floating around the Arkham team at the moment. I wonder will anyone volunteer to use their copy on the opening day, at least? scratch

If not, is there potential for a 'display' version to be available for intro games?
Lupercal
Lupercal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guncutter Mon Mar 29 2010, 19:50

scarecr0w14 wrote:Would be cool to see some Space Hulk and a night for beginners.

Good, this is what we want, you tell us what you would like to see and with enough interest it can run at Arkham.

I would be happy to run a Space Hulk game for beginners at Arkham, I have two copies of the game myself and have played through every scenario in the game (see our Space Hulk campaign reports pages in the boardgame section if interested...), so no need for anyone to bring a copy of their own.
Guncutter
Guncutter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupercal Mon Mar 29 2010, 20:10

Excellent Tom! cheers
Lupercal
Lupercal

Back to top Go down

What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Empty Things I would like to see at AGC

Post  DarkAngel008 Thu Apr 08 2010, 10:15

I am relatively new to table top, Rpg's etc so I would like to see what miniatures & materials are available for all types of games.

Painting techniques demonstrations' would be interesting and even demonstrations on how to create gaming landscapes etc. It would hope to get an introduction or an opportunity to play different game types such as 4th Ed D&D, Lord of the Rings, Space Hulk, Serenity, Dragon Age, Castles and Crusades, Swords & Wizardry etc etc.

Perhaps if demonstartions of some or all of the above were available over the course of the year then maybe some gaming groups could get together to play on a regular or semi-regular basis.

I am not sure what stock of Movies (if any) will be available but perhaps a movie event something related to the ethos of AGC or related subject (if available).

Just a couple of thoughts that spring to mind.
DarkAngel008
DarkAngel008

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupercal Thu Apr 08 2010, 20:23

DarkAngel008 wrote:Painting techniques demonstrations' would be interesting and even demonstrations on how to create gaming landscapes etc.
I'll be doing a bit of demo painting on the opening day. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert or anything but I'll be able to show a range of simple techniques that can take you a long way and make your miniatures look that little bit better.

There should also be a couple of different painting guides available nearby for browsing, to show how the pros do it.

I may also bring down the gaming board that I'm working on and a few bits of the scenery (all at various stages of completion) to show how I get the results that I'm looking for.

Andy (cthulhubruce) is also a bit of a 'tablemaster' and there should be some of his work there to admire also.
Lupercal
Lupercal

Back to top Go down

Post  Ingens-Formidonis Sun May 16 2010, 04:33

I'm really interested in seeing loads of tournaments/games nights instead of different gaming systems
I'm all for trying new games but would prefer to see tournaments

What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Icon_cheers
Ingens-Formidonis
Ingens-Formidonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 16 2010, 04:44

Ingens-Formidonis wrote:I'm really interested in seeing loads of tournaments/games nights instead of different gaming systems

Fear not, we hope to have monthly tournaments or themed gaming weekends, and are always keen to hear from anyone with interesting ideas for event nights. Our aim is to create a club driven by the passion and interests of our members, so please let us know what you'd like to see What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? 741861
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ingens-Formidonis Sun May 16 2010, 05:24

doblersdream wrote:Fear not, we hope to have monthly tournaments or themed gaming weekends, and are always keen to hear from anyone with interesting ideas for event nights. Our aim is to create a club driven by the passion and interests of our members, so please let us know what you'd like to see What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? 741861

Well I really want to see loads of Apocalypse days where everyone can get into it by including a few tanks What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? 741861
Also maybe a campaign which lasts a month say, where armies invade other armies planets to see who can control more What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? 741861
Painting/Gaming/Modelling tutorials for new gamers What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? 741861

Thats really all I can think of
Check my Trygon out in the Painting-Miniatures section What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? 927645

Patrick
Ingens-Formidonis
Ingens-Formidonis

Back to top Go down

Post  odinswolf Mon May 24 2010, 08:23

space hulk , blood bowl, warmachine , flames of war , 40k, battlefleet gothic

obviously i'm biased cos i want to play the stuff i have :)

i'd like to see themed nights/weekends to introduce others to games other than 40k. it would be better to have a few games running rather than turning up with an army and having no-one else with the game to play against Good or bad?
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

What events would you like to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Empty tournaments

Post  mcstu Sat May 21 2011, 03:21

Ingens-Formidonis wrote:I'm really interested in seeing loads of tournaments/games nights instead of different gaming systems

Add my vote to this.

I'd be interested in warhammer fantasy tournament. Though if the planned campaign takes off that would also be nice. sunny
mcstu
mcstu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down