Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plastic Commandos

5 posters

Go down

Plastic Commandos Empty Plastic Commandos

Post  tyzer Sat Jan 08 2011, 08:42

Warlord Games has announced their next plastic set, British Commandos; more info at

http://www.warlordgames.co.uk/?p=9544

No pics of the sculpts yet but based on previous released they should be good.

And the important thing for SoTR players is that Templar armies should soon be easy to do Big Grin
tyzer
tyzer

http://www.fionaadoresheroes.com

Back to top Go down

Plastic Commandos Empty Re: Plastic Commandos

Post  cthulhubruce Sat Jan 08 2011, 11:29

now these i would be keen on, i liked foundrys commandos, but they lacked a certain something so i never got that many of them
cthulhubruce
cthulhubruce
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Klingsor Sun Jan 09 2011, 05:59

Great news. They could be a lot of fun but now I do need to make that German radar set.
Klingsor
Klingsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Tue Jan 11 2011, 03:31

also coming out

are the westwind british paratroopers

there finished and the box sets just getting sorted

so we should see them end of this month/Feb time, no pics yet

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sargent Slaughter Tue Jan 18 2011, 06:56

Ironwolf wrote:also coming out

are the westwind british paratroopers

there finished and the box sets just getting sorted

so we should see them end of this month/Feb time, no pics yet

Rik

Wish they would get the finger out, i cannot wait to have a go painting these.

Lightsaber Duel

Sargent Slaughter
Sargent Slaughter

Back to top Go down

Post  Klingsor Tue Jan 18 2011, 21:02

I am actually a bit surprised that they think plastic commandoes worth doing. I suppose they reckon that the popularity of the figures will more offset the fact that you do not need so many of them or their relative rarity.

Of course for skirmish gaming as opposed to big battle wargaming commandoes are perfect, they did operate in relatively small numbers and with a clearly defined objective. The drawback is that they were usually seaborne which means making boats, ships and coastal or harbour type terrain and objectives like German radar sets, the Wurzburg and Giant Wurzburg sets are probably the most desirable but the larger Mamut system, as seen in Saving Private Ryan, is the easiest to poodle fake.

As to ships Hobbyboss does rather a nice landing craft in 1/48th scale but most of the rest would have to be bodged together. A small steam freighter is easy enough with the straight stem, only the cruiser stern gives any real trouble. I wonder if the Revell (ex-Matchbox) Flower class hull would be any use? The problem there is you would have to scratch build everything except the hull and that would need to be waterlined and that is not fun. There are some other ship kits in approximately the right scale but they tend to be quite expensive or old and a bit pooh.

Of course making a model of the Norsk Hydro plant at Rjukan might be a bit ambitious but a dam would be nice and is something I have often thought of.

Looking at the box cover art I though the knife looked a bit big but it seems it might be a smatchet rather than a Fairbairn-Sykes which argues that the research for the figures has been rather good.
Klingsor
Klingsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down