Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony (aka tonyr)

+2
Lupercal
tonyr
6 posters

Go down

Tony (aka tonyr) Empty Tony (aka tonyr)

Post  tonyr Wed May 19 2010, 09:45

Hi Folks,

I'm Tony and I'm a bit of a Frother (miniature nut). I've been painting miniatures (to various degrees of success) for 23 years now but I've not really gamed that much at all until fairly recently. I'm a friend of Trevor (Tyzer) and also a member of TTN in Belfast although I live on the North Coast.

I'm interested in / playing: Legends of the Old West / High Seas, Lord of the Rings / War of the Ring, Secrets of the Third Reich, A Very British Civil War, Song of Blades and Heroes, Flying Lead, Basic Roleplaying and Pathfinder RPG.

I'm hoping to come down with my son (and miniatures) on Saturday and play Legends of the Old West.

Cheers Tony
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Tony (aka tonyr) Empty Re: Tony (aka tonyr)

Post  Lupercal Wed May 19 2010, 18:06

Welcome aboard Tony.

It's always good to have more miniature painters along for the ride. I'm a bit like yourself in that I paint more than I play (for tabletop anyway). I concentrate more on RPGs at the minute but I'm hoping Arkham will reawaken my painting side.

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Lupercal
Lupercal

Back to top Go down

Post  twyearling Wed May 19 2010, 18:08

Welcome to the forums Tony, see you on Saturday.

Thanks

Gary
twyearling
twyearling
Administrator

http://www.arkhamgamingcentre.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19 2010, 19:28

Welcome Tony, looking forward to meeting you on Saturday!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guncutter Wed May 19 2010, 20:04

Welcome Tony!
Guncutter
Guncutter

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Wed May 19 2010, 20:09

Thanks for the welcome folks, I hope to meet you all on Saturday.

Cheers Tony
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Wed May 19 2010, 21:02

Another SoTR player [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Hi Tony it's Karl who used to go to TTN until I moved/ changed jobs etc. I'm now in Cushendall and once I'm finished my course that falls on Tuesday nights will hopefully be getting up to Coleraine or having people round for gaming on Tuesdays if your interested. Seeing as your stuck out in the wilds like me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Wed May 19 2010, 21:11

Hi Karl,

Sounds good mate! I don't know anyone up here that play's anything so an occasional local game would be wonderful!

What do you have / what are building for SoTR (or is it still in the planning stage)?

Cheers Tony
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Klingsor Wed May 19 2010, 21:58

I must admit I am hoping the reply to this is going to be "A Ratte" though "Stalingrad" would be almost as good an answer.

If you have not heard of this work of madness Wikipedia is as ever a good starting point.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A similar vehicle, a factory sized SPG turns up in John Ringo's Aldenta books, the Sheva gun.
Klingsor
Klingsor

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Wed May 19 2010, 22:47

That would make an excellent scenario Weird War II. Hugh great lumbering tank stuck inside a ruined city and the various factions trying to get hold of the thing or blow it to high heaven.

A toy tank could be used as the basis for the model.
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Wed May 19 2010, 23:32

tonyr wrote:Hi Karl,

Sounds good mate! I don't know anyone up here that play's anything so an occasional local game would be wonderful!

What do you have / what are building for SoTR (or is it still in the planning stage)?

Cheers Tony

I have the Sniper set painted up and a load of Nazi Zombies undercoated atm. Also filled out my American AI to match the starter set and have the Soviet starter set as well all planned to be painted sometime, maybe once I've finished my 2 MW FoW armies, and my 2 WAB armies, oh and my new Napoleonics too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Thu May 20 2010, 00:06

It sounds like a familiar lament... I to have far too many projects on the go!
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Mon May 24 2010, 19:49

I just wanted to post a quick thank you and congratulations for your opening Saturday.

Me and my son John had a brilliant time. I asked John in the car park if he enjoyed himself and he enthusiastically said "Yes, is it open again tomorrow?"... He bought a pack of Ork Boyz with his pocket money and spent Saturday night and Sunday day (outside) assembling and undercoating them, I've never seen him so enthused about miniatures before. I bought some of the lovely plastic Perry ACW cavalry that I will use for Legends of the Old West.

Also Cheers Ivor and Trevor for running the games, great fun!

We will defo come down for the big Arkham 13 Apocalypse game (holidays and the like permitting) and no doubt I'll be down sooner on my own.

I'm going to pick up some Bolt Action WWII stuff to complement my Artizan and SotTR mini's.

Cheers Tony
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 24 2010, 21:37

That really is fantastic to hear - so much work and investment has gone into getting Arkham open, all the time not knowing if there'd be much interest, so safe to say we're all overjoyed at the response and feedback to the opening. Long may it continue and grow Big Grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum