Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incoming

4 posters

Go down

Incoming  Empty Incoming

Post  Neil Thu Jun 24 2010, 08:09

Hi peeps, new guy on here, tryin to get back into gaming after long time away.
Have had a look at new whfb and looks good but what I really want to get into is warmachine/hordes, think the fluff, gaming system and models have really got me hooked so hopefully will be able to get a few games with u guys and pick up rules(orboros in case anybody is wondering).
I live down in ballymena so shouldn't be to much of hassle to get there, I have been out of gaming for few years but never stopped Reading the fluff for gw, so when seen there is dark heresy group I went happy days. But not just gw, stephen erikson books are a must guys if u ever get a chance read Gardens of the Moon brilliant book, gemmel Jordan glen cook
anyway good to find this site and place hope to meet u guys soon
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Incoming  Empty Re: Incoming

Post  DarkAngel008 Thu Jun 24 2010, 08:59

Neil wrote:Hi peeps, new guy on here, tryin to get back into gaming after long time away.
Have had a look at new whfb and looks good but what I really want to get into is warmachine/hordes, think the fluff, gaming system and models have really got me hooked so hopefully will be able to get a few games with u guys and pick up rules(orboros in case anybody is wondering).
I live down in ballymena so shouldn't be to much of hassle to get there, I have been out of gaming for few years but never stopped Reading the fluff for gw, so when seen there is dark heresy group I went happy days. But not just gw, stephen erikson books are a must guys if u ever get a chance read Gardens of the Moon brilliant book, gemmel Jordan glen cook
anyway good to find this site and place hope to meet u guys soon

Welcome on board Neil, there is a big Warmachine fan who attends Arkham regularly, check out 'Beer Ogre' for everything Warmachine and LFR!

Christian
DarkAngel008
DarkAngel008

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Ogre Thu Jun 24 2010, 09:52

Did someone call my name... Twisted Evil

Warmachine... or Hordes no less! Excellent!

I'm always up for a game, and run some of the demo games for Warmachine (not Hordes yet, but I will when the new quickstart rules are released).

We have a couple of keen Warmachine players other than myself... my brother (Bob) and Graeme (odinswolf) to name two... but I was told tonight that there may be a few Hordes players incomming as well.

As for factions, I typically play Protectorate of Menoth and Trollbloods, but due to stripping and repainting a load of my (not inconsiderable) collection, I've been playing Rhulic Mercs and Cygnar in the last few games.

However, if pressed I can field about 15pts of any Hordes or Warmachine faction... and as of yesterday I've even got my hands on some of the Retribution of Scyrah.

Anyway... hope to see you at the club soon. Big Grin

Andy
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  odinswolf Thu Jun 24 2010, 20:49

gardens of the moon? read it :) have you read the next 8? the final part 10 comes out soon :)

1 gardens of the moon
2 deadhouse gates
3 memories of ice
4 house of chains
5 midnight tides
6 the bonehunters
7 reapers gale
8 toll the hounds
9 dreams of dust
10 the crippled god

If you lot love your fantsay these will keep you going for ages :)
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Jun 25 2010, 00:25

Yeah bro I'm up to book 8 at the min, fantastic books but u have to pay attention when Reading or it can get very confusing, this whole series of books came from erikson the author and his mate esslemont who ran a gurps style rpg and this setting is were books have came from. Now who could run a rpg grp and the setting being malaz how much would that kick ass!!
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  odinswolf Fri Jun 25 2010, 00:56

I'm on toll as well, and I know what you mean about keeping alert as a main character (indeed many main characters) can be killed off on a page and it's "NO! EH?? WHAT??? WHY????"

I'm planning on re-reading them all before I get the final book just as a refesher, should only take me a year Razz
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25 2010, 01:41

Hi Neil, welcome to the forum - looking forward to welcoming you to Arkham soon! Big Grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum