Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre?

5 posters

Go down

What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Empty What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre?

Post  Guest Tue Mar 23 2010, 23:18

Our gaming space includes eight tournament sized (8'x4') terrained tabletop wargames tables (wastes, desert or forest), two 4'x'4 tables for board/card games, four multi-purpose gaming tables which can be used for board, card or wargames (option of blue for sea games or black for space games). We also have 'The Morgue' - a private gaming room with an 8'x4' morgue effect table. This room is best suited to a role playing group game, but if available can be used for any gaming activity.

Also on offer is an unrivaled selection of merchandise available to purchase - discover products here which have previously been unavailable in Ireland, including products from Warlord Games, Mantic, Perry Miniatures, Army Painter, Battlefront (Flames of War), Spartan Games, Kabuki Models, Otherworld Miniatures, and of course Games Workshop.

Facilities on offer include a leather sofa lounge area with Sky HDTV, tea/coffee making facilities, a microwave and a vending machine for snacks and soft drinks.

Last edited by doblersdream on Mon Jun 14 2010, 04:46; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Empty oooh

Post  mjasylum Sat Mar 27 2010, 01:09

Surprise room? Sweeeet. :) intriguing to find out what's in there. **rubs hands together**
Anonymous
mjasylum

Back to top Go down

What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Empty Re: What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre?

Post  odinswolf Thu May 20 2010, 03:40

re the shop for models/games etc.. do you offer credit card/debit card facilities or will it be cash in hand?
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Empty Re: What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre?

Post  Guest Thu May 20 2010, 03:53

odinswolf wrote:re the shop for models/games etc.. do you offer credit card/debit card facilities or will it be cash in hand?

Hi - unfortunately just cash at present, but a card machine will be installed within the next 2 weeks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  odinswolf Fri May 21 2010, 01:08

quick question about your flames of war stock, whats available?
books, box sets, blisters? good range or just a sample to get started?

and any discount Razz

Last edited by odinswolf on Fri May 21 2010, 01:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new bit)
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 21 2010, 03:16

odinswolf wrote:quick question about your flames of war stock, whats available?
books, box sets, blisters? good range or just a sample to get started?

and any discount Razz

Hi - a nice little selection of the most popular items at present, but will expand as we go along, and of course we can order in anything you need. Discount? Yes! Monthly and yearly members get a 10% discount. Check the membership topic for more info, but hope to see you on Saturday Big Grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  odinswolf Fri May 21 2010, 03:42

I'll be there no worries :)
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 22 2010, 10:18

odinswolf wrote:re the shop for models/games etc.. do you offer credit card/debit card facilities or will it be cash in hand?

Good news, we managed to get our card machine installed today after all What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? 741861
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Niktherake Sun May 23 2010, 03:11

Congratulations and thanks to all concerned with today's successful opening. All your hard workis justified.

I had a great timeand was impressed with the setup.I was amazed to escape without spending a fortune on miniatures etc.And thanks for the buffet too.

I forgot to pickup any hne-night gear,though.

Unfortunately Glenoe is too far for me to be a regular visitor, but I wish you well.
Niktherake
Niktherake

http://sites.google.com/site/boardgamesni/home

Back to top Go down

Post  odinswolf Sun May 23 2010, 04:14

have to agree its a great set up ( I joined for a year so expect to see me there a few times) met some characters and the shops well kitted ( even the till Razz )
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Ogre Sun May 23 2010, 04:33

I agree, it was a great place and I enjoyed my visit.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but unfortuately I had to work... pity there's no Sunday opening... What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? 479846

But I did get a new Hordes rulebook... What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Icon_cheers

Last edited by Beer Ogre on Sun May 23 2010, 17:26; edited 1 time in total
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Lupercal Sun May 23 2010, 06:54

Glad you all had a good time.

Thanks for coming along. cheers

Rocking
Lupercal
Lupercal

Back to top Go down

Post  twyearling Sun May 23 2010, 07:39

A HUGE thank-you to everyone who turned up and showed their support today. The sun was shining and we got through loads of games, but we couldn't have held the event without you guys!

Hope to see you all soon.

Gary
twyearling
twyearling
Administrator

http://www.arkhamgamingcentre.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23 2010, 22:57

Just a quick mention to everyone that free WIFI is available at Arkham Big Grin

What can i expect to see at Arkham Gaming Centre? Wifi11
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  odinswolf Sun May 23 2010, 23:25

whats the range on the wifi? i work in ards Razz
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23 2010, 23:27

lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfen Tue May 25 2010, 07:12

What sort of card games does the centre or anyone who goes to the centre tend to play?
Anonymous
Wulfen

Back to top Go down

Post  twyearling Tue May 25 2010, 07:13

Wulfen wrote:What sort of card games does the centre or anyone who goes to the centre tend to play?

I play Race for the Galaxy and Dominion (as well as a few other non CCGs). We have some MTG players though.

G

Last edited by twyearling on Tue May 25 2010, 07:17; edited 1 time in total
twyearling
twyearling
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 25 2010, 07:15

Wulfen wrote:What sort of card games does the centre or anyone who goes to the centre tend to play?

Hi Wulfen

Mostly Magic the Gathering so far, but i'm sure that will expand once someone brings something different. There's a few guys playing MTG at Arkham as we speak Big Grin

We stock MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh! at the moment but again, that will expand in time.

What are you into yourself?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfen Thu May 27 2010, 00:44

Card game wise I am heavily into my Yu-Gi-Oh! and Board game wise I play Warhammer 40k.

Unfortuantly I refuse to play with my 40k army until I have it painted.

So when I do get a chance to venture round I will bring what I have. Wink
Anonymous
Wulfen

Back to top Go down

Post  Wulfen Thu May 27 2010, 00:48

I also play Warhammer: Invasion, for those that don't know this is a LCG (Living Card Game) from Fantasy Flight.

Forgot to mention that.
Anonymous
Wulfen

Back to top Go down

Post  twyearling Thu May 27 2010, 05:54

Wulfen wrote:I also play Warhammer: Invasion, for those that don't know this is a LCG (Living Card Game) from Fantasy Flight.

Forgot to mention that.

I think we've just ordered a core set to stock at Arkham. I haven't tried any of the LCG range as yet.

G
twyearling
twyearling
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down