Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves

+30
deviljam
TheCorpze
mcstu
Groaty
Thrawn
Dearg_Doom
conor.browne
tyzer
DarkAngel008
chub
Kindrik
weeivor
Monkey Prime
Eiglepulper
SortiumSought
twyearling
Duce
meleth
jb
cthulhubruce
Revic
johnkell
KharnForBloodGod
Velsharoon
sir_m1ke
Ironwolf
Neil
BloddshotDAVE
odinswolf
kwi
34 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Empty [ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 02:32

So, hard to believe we'll be open a year next month, and what a year it's been!

The committee and myself would like to do something a little special to mark the occasion, and thank you guys for the unwavering loyalty, support and dedication to the cause. We've got lofty ambitions for the future, but wouldn't have got this far without each and every one of you who read this! Big Grin

So what are we doing you may ask...well, nothing too fancy or complicated - just a night of gaming which will continue into the early hours. We'll stay open until the last person drops...we'll stay open right through the night if that's what you guys want - this is all about you! Gaming will be fairly freeform...we'll arrange some stuff but encourage you all to arrange some fun stuff yourselves. Just post up below, the more mad the better! Rocking

We'll lay on some treats/snacks etc so no need to bring anything.

We're hoping to have a bit of fun with an informal 'awards' ceremony too...more details on that to follow in a seperate topic.

Also, and saving the best for last, there'll be giveaways and spot prizes on the night (some linked to the 'awards' ceremony). Not only will be supplying stuff, but some of our suppliers are joining in the celebrations by donating some goodies to give away. So far these include a copy of Hail Caesar signed by Rick Priestly, a copy of Dwarf King's Hold signed by Jake Thornton & a copy of Mantic's Morghoth's Revenge signed by Alessio Cavatore. The other bits and bobs i'll keep as a surprise for the night.

So...lastly...please try your best to come and mark our first birthday in style cheers

Games Schedule

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  40k10
Rik's 40k Space Marine SC Knockout
Start Time: 6pm
Players: Rik / Add your name here

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Space_10
John's Mega Space Hulk
Start Time 7pm
Players: Dave / Jon / Conor

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Lotr-l10
Jim's LOTR Helm's Deep
Start Time: TBC

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Mtg_lo10
GaryG's 'Midnight Magic' MTG booster draft
Start Time: Midnight
'Confirmed Players
1. Neil
2. Jeff (kindrik)
3. Gary (twyearling)
4. Gary (meleth)
5. Stewart (chub)
6. Dale (TheCorpze)
7. Justin (KharnForBloodGod)
8. Rik (Ironwolf)
9. Gary Bingham
10. AndyB (cthulhubruce)

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Return10

Prizes for Midnight Magic Booster Draft

1st: New Phyrexia Fat Pack
2nd: 5 booster packs and a pack of deck protectors
3rd: 3 booster packs and a deck box

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Federa10
Conor's Federation Commander
Start Time: 2pm

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Mtg_lo10
GaryG's MTG May Ladder
Start Time: Played Throughout the event so no fixed times

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Bsg_bo10
Monkey Prime's Battlestar Galactica
Start Time: 8pm twyearling / Monkey Prime (+1?) / Jamie /deviljam / (Christian?)

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Battle10
Groaty's BattleTech
Start Time: 8pm
Players:

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Liar_s10
EPIC Liar's Dice Match
Start Time: Wee Small Hours

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Large-10 OR [ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Dwarfk10
Trevor's Descent or Trevor's Dwarf King's Hold YOUR CHOICE!
Start Time:
Players:

Anyone else wanna throw their hat in the ring and lead a game?

Last edited by doblersdream on Tue May 17 2011, 04:15; edited 12 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Empty Re: [ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves

Post  kwi Mon Apr 25 2011, 03:23

I'll try to call over, but Fridays are difficult for me due to work. Hopefully the weather will be shit.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Empty Re: [ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves

Post  odinswolf Mon Apr 25 2011, 05:02

sounds great :) PARTTTTYYYYYYY
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Mon Apr 25 2011, 05:54

oh goody cant wait
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Mon Apr 25 2011, 06:05

Roll on 20th!!

lets get a few ideas down guys, what would you all like to do??
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Mon Apr 25 2011, 06:08

The smurf movie

a massive space hulk game with a large number of termy teams v loads of stealers

games games and more games

rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Mon Apr 25 2011, 23:01

Princess Leia strippers!!! cheers

Apocalypse style-40k, everyone just brings whatever they like (provided at least 1 troop choice) and we bung them roughly together into factions and play a nice big game with random events and craic-inducing environmental effects

is there a game system where each player has an individual hero and we could design a big dungeon/castle/city (if a sci-fi hero) with maybe 8 players on it who have to fight past monsters/gangs/traps/each other to achieve a specific goal, with level-ups and power-ups etc. etc. which makes a weak hero at the start turn into a powerful warrior/mage/robot/death machine by the end? nice narrative driven game? seems like something which obviously exists but my knowledge of a lot of systems is poor. would be cool

sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Mon Apr 25 2011, 23:18

I shall see if I can swap a shift in work wouldnt want to miss out on this
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 23:27

sir_m1ke has kindly agreed to do a short standup comedy routine at the party! cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  KharnForBloodGod Tue Apr 26 2011, 00:16

Oooooooooh massive space hulk I would be well up for that!!!!! Smurf movie not so much!

And a bouncy castle face paints and pin the tail on mat ward!
KharnForBloodGod
KharnForBloodGod

Back to top Go down

Post  johnkell Tue Apr 26 2011, 00:45

Big space hulk would be a good one did one myself a few mouths back didn't get enought players for it but it was good fun
johnkell
johnkell

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Tue Apr 26 2011, 04:12

KharnForBloodGod wrote:Oooooooooh massive space hulk I would be well up for that!!!!! Smurf movie not so much!

And a bouncy castle face paints and pin the tail on mat ward!

you want a hammer and nail for that dude lol

im sure there are enough of is to mash up a massive space hulk board with 5-6 5 man teams moving into it

apoc game of 40k sounds good, might have to try and get over to england and pick up my 3 titans for it, (reaver and 2 warhounds)

rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:06

awesome!
will have to book off work for this.
Massively epic game of something we already would be a good idea.
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Apr 28 2011, 05:19

ok first off think i have the night off, second

40k SPACE MARINE SC KNOCKOUT TORNY

this will work like any other game of 40k but.... you only have one model and that will be one of the power armour heros from any of the space marine codexs. It will be a smiple knockout torny, with only one SC standing at the end.

rules
as per any 40k game
each model will set up 12" from each other at the start
there will be an initative roll before all turns, very much like Lotr and secrest.
on your turn you can move, shoot, assault, as per 40k
all SC and army codex rules will take affect, so red thirst for BA, counter attack for SW ect ect
if you dont kill your enemy on your turn you knock them back 2", there they will take there turn (move, shoot ect ect)
game will last 4 turns, at the end if both SC are still standing then the one with the most wounds will be the winner and will go to the next round

certain SC such as Tyco has two stat likes, he will role for his red thirst but if he passes it, instead of been affected he will use the Death Company stat line
model with armour upgrades such as Calgar, Njal, the player will get to choose which one they will fight in.
wargear upgrades such as wolves, serviters will not be able to be used.

codexs that will be used are, Codex marines, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Black Templars, Dark Angels, Grey Knights and last Codex Chaos Space marines

Codex Space Marines
Marneus Calgar
Captain Cato Sicarius
Tigurius
Cassius
Pedro Kantor
Lysander
Shrike
Vulkan He'stan
Khan (can use bike if he wishes)

Codex Blood Angels
Commander Dante
Seth
Astorath the Grim
The Sanguinor, Exemplar of the sillyness
Mephiston
Tycho (red third roll so see if he uses death company stat line and rules)

Codex Space Wolves
Lorgan
Ragnar
Njal (termy or power armour)
Ulrik the Slayer

Codex Dark Angels
Azreal
Belial (can be equiped any way you fit, as his options in codex)
Ezekiel

Codex Black Templars
Helbrecht
Grimaldus (no cenobytes)

Codex Grey Knights
Draigo
Mordrak (no ghost knights)

Codex Chaos Space Marines
Abaddon
Kharn
Typhus
Lucius
Ahriman
Huron

Thats all 32 SC, it will work with 16 on each side, 8 matches per side, working down untill the last 2 fight

Had to edit the list guys, to use the last one i would have need 48 SC which there isnt that many, so what ive done is thinned it down to 32, this way it will be quicker and shorter, ive kept the main ones.

how it will would, all SC will picked at Random, they will also be seeded by my wife before hand ( she is putting numbers on the names as i type this), depending on how many players we have depends on how many SC we have each, id guess 2/3 each.

hope you like

rik

Last edited by Ironwolf on Sun May 15 2011, 04:06; edited 3 times in total
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  cthulhubruce Thu Apr 28 2011, 05:40

i have my typhus and abbadon ready
cthulhubruce
cthulhubruce
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Thu Apr 28 2011, 05:49

Ironwolf wrote:ok first off think i have the night off, second....
Why don't you use Justins Vanquish rules?
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Apr 28 2011, 06:34

thats been used for q con, this is quick and simple, we all know 40k, its not about playing a new game its about 1 v 1, who is the best space marine SC

rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Thu Apr 28 2011, 07:09

I might enter... ...does anyone have the rules for this guy? Twisted Evil
[ARKHAM EVENT] Arkham's 1st birthday party - Fri 20th May 2011 - 2pm until the last man leaves  Leman
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Apr 28 2011, 07:24

use him for ragnar if you want, as i said the models can be subed for the games its the rules that are the main thing. going to pust up a list of all the SC that we can use, and to get the numbers even ill be adding a few of the unit upgrades as well

rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28 2011, 07:53

Ironwolf wrote:ok first off think i have the night off, second

40k SPACE MARINE SC KNOCKOUT TORNY

this will work like any other game of 40k but.... you only have one model and that will be one of the power armour heros from any of the space marine codexs. It will be a smiple knockout torny, with only one SC standing at the end.

rules
as per any 40k game
each model will set up 12" from each other at the start
there will be an initative roll before all turns, very much like Lotr and secrest.
on your turn you can move, shoot, assault, as per 40k
all SC and army codex rules will take affect, so red thirst for BA, counter attack for SW ect ect
if you dont kill your enemy on your turn you knock them back 2", there they will take there turn (move, shoot ect ect)
game will last 4 turns, at the end if both SC are still standing then the one with the most wounds will be the winner and will go to the next round

certain SC such as Tyco has two stat likes, he will role for his red thirst but if he passes it, instead of been affected he will use the Death Company stat line
model with armour upgrades such as Calgar, Njal, the player will get to choose which one they will fight in.
wargear upgrades such as wolves, serviters will not be able to be used.

If you want i can put in Bjorn, but if i do that then all SC will have melta bombs for that fight only.

codexs that will be used are, Codex marines, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Black Templars, Dark Angels, Grey Knights and last Codex Chaos Space marines

if you guys are up for this i'll edit the post with a list of all SC that will be able to be used, YOU dont need to have the model, any model can be used as this is for fun,
so what you think

Nice one Rik - i'll make sure there's a decent wee prize for the winner of this Wink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Apr 28 2011, 08:04

sweet

nice one phil

rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Thu Apr 28 2011, 08:51

Kinda neat idea Rik, an old school who's the most badass SC fight! Just wondering though you say power armoured, how about special characters who have 2+ artificer armour which is still basically an upgraded power armour variant.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Apr 28 2011, 09:06

what ever there rules in the codex stands, so if there a a close combat monster like Meph or a chaos demi god like Abaddon it still stands. Lets see who is standing at the end

rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Thu Apr 28 2011, 10:24

So Terminator armour is okay too? Just when I read what you said at first it sounded like you could only have power armoured guys. But I get how you meant it now! I think I'll end up bringing Vulkan.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Apr 28 2011, 10:39

well i guess people will use more than one, im sure, and i know not every one will have the models.

the SC will be seeded randomly so your not going to know who you face first, fight to the last match and win

im guessing people are ok with Bjorn then? and giving any SC who fights him melta bombs

rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next