Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation squad rules

+3
kwi
Velsharoon
Neil
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Operation squad rules Empty Operation squad rules

Post  Neil Sat Jan 08 2011, 22:28

Found this while having a look on the warlord site, quick and easy rules for squad level engagements, skirmish level goodness.

http://www.warlordgames.co.uk/?p=9514

What do you reckon guys? Is there any mileage with these rules or does secrets already provide solid enough squad level rules for these type commando scenarios.
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Operation squad rules Empty Re: Operation squad rules

Post  Velsharoon Sat Jan 08 2011, 23:37

From what I understand its similar to Infinity with the reaction mechanics. I could be sold on it but would need to have a scenario in mind and terrain for it, as well as pics of those british commandos Smile
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Sun Jan 09 2011, 05:18

I've actually been considering the Iron Ivan ruleset, Disposable Heroes.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sun Jan 09 2011, 10:21

there are a few copies of this at arkham already, i am going to purchase a copy on wednesday (i know we have all been making new years promises to cut down on spending and no more models until painting has been done, but this is a ruleset or thats my excuse!).

I was thinking this might be a winner also just due to the amount of you guys that have SoTR gear already, all those models could be used for this so stephen, andrew, mike, karl, trevor all have the initial forces that could be used, outlay kept to a minimum
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  chub Sun Jan 09 2011, 22:04

this looks good and will give me a reason to use the few 28mm germans i have,
chub
chub

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Mon Jan 10 2011, 01:32

chub wrote:this looks good and will give me a reason to use the few 28mm germans i have,

More the merrier dude!

Here is a link to a discussion/review of the system(thanks klingsor), sounds good and easy to get to grips with!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=217150

Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  chub Mon Jan 10 2011, 04:24

After cruising their forum this looks like an extremely cheap game to get into their is a waffen SS list that requires just 9 figures affraid
linky so it seems just a single box of the warlord plastics will do, that or share a box of the artizan models with a freind cheers
chub
chub

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sat Jan 15 2011, 09:29

chub wrote:After cruising their forum this looks like an extremely cheap game to get into their is a waffen SS list that requires just 9 figures affraid
linky so it seems just a single box of the warlord plastics will do, that or share a box of the artizan models with a freind cheers

im waiting on the royal marines to be released then game on!!
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Mon Jan 17 2011, 06:03

Was messing about earlier and ended un ordering this rule set and the Cromwell. (And 4 boxes infantry and 5 Blisters, last big buy before the wedding, honest. £109 for £155 value sorry Phil only went to buy the tank.) So we'll have to give them a go now. £18 for a 49p soft back book is a bit steep in my mind, at least it's in colour. And if they suck we'll have other options. (RoE, DH/C7B, RF, etc.)
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  chub Mon Jan 17 2011, 06:30

I was looking at it last wednesday but thought my 18 quid would be better spent on a malifaux crew Big Grin that said I have been painting US airbourne from a list I found on their forum
chub
chub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sargent Slaughter Mon Jan 17 2011, 10:02

Folks,

Don't forget the Berlin or Burst rules taken from Secrets of the Third Reich for people who want a straight WW2 game, i have recently downloaded them from their site, its just SOTR without the twist.
Sargent Slaughter
Sargent Slaughter

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Mon Jan 17 2011, 21:44

Sargent Slaughter wrote:Folks,

Don't forget the Berlin or Burst rules taken from Secrets of the Third Reich for people who want a straight WW2 game, i have recently downloaded them from their site, its just SOTR without the twist.

You just don't want to learn another ruleset do you? Big Grin
I have posted the Bellum Europa; Berlin or Bust lists in the SoTR forum, but here they are again.
Is there a ruleset available now, can you post a link or eMail them over and I'll stick them in my Box.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Mon Jan 17 2011, 22:15

Unless these other rulesets bring something new to the table which is awesome Stephen has it just right tbh, the ruleset is great as we all agree why change a winning formula.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Mon Jan 17 2011, 22:25

With regards to my awesome purchase from Warlord Games it was due to a listing error on their webstore (1 extra infantry box.), I worked out they had made a mistake last night and phoned them this morning to see what exactly I would be recieving. They thanked me for pointing out the error and are sending me the stuff anyway as I have probably saved them in the long run cheers So I bought the Operation Squad rulebook, 2 boxes of British Infantry, 1 Blister of command figures, 1 Blister of Engineers, 1 Vickes HMG, 1 3" Mortar, 1 6pdr AT gun and a Cromwell tank for £109 and am recieving an extra 2 boxes of Infantry for free Big Grin She is going to be so pissed when she finds out. Oh and the webstore is fixed.

And as to using the SoTR rules, that's why I posted the historical lists in the 1st place, not sure if I want to play Weird War 2, but the rules are nice enough.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Klingsor Tue Jan 18 2011, 03:55

I bought Secrets of the Third Reich myself after reading a good review of it, it looked as if it was a decent, albeit rather Warhammer influenced rule set (at the time that seemed to be a mostly good thing) and one could do straight WW II by leaving out the weird bits with which I must confess a very ambivalent relationship. While the Luft and Heer 46 things interest me and I can talk convincingly about the occult roots of Nazism gaming it does not seem quite right which is of course hugely hypocritical of me.

Of course I collect rule sets the way a dog collects fleas and very few of them see any use. Actually the way a dung beetle collects dung might be a better metaphor – effort is exerted in gathering them then they are hidden away in darkness.

Last edited by Klingsor on Tue Jan 18 2011, 03:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made funnier)
Klingsor
Klingsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Tue Jan 18 2011, 04:09

Well im def up for this rule set, I just like the idea behind it, the skirmish aspect to ww2, i know sotr has a good rule set but this was specifically designed for this type of contact.

now who to with? was going to wait on royal marines but karl you have went with british, might get a few germans instead now!

BTW karl, if it arrives by wednesday and you come up to arkham could you bring it with you, rule book that is, so i can get a good look

Last edited by Neil on Tue Jan 18 2011, 04:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : another question)
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Tue Jan 18 2011, 04:10

I've just spent the afternoon assembling a rifle section out of the Warlord British Infantry plastic box set, took me a bit longer than I expected.

Some of the arm pairs arn't as easy to line up as I would of liked but apart from that they go together nicely and there is plenty of detail for the more discerning modeller. And with 25 figures in the box that's an understrength platoon, just realised I'm going to end up with a whole Coy.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sun Mar 06 2011, 21:12

What about getting a game of this Karl next time your in Arkham, see how this plays
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Sun Mar 06 2011, 23:26

If I have my Brit squad painted in time.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Mar 11 2011, 04:09

The bloody russkies let me down big style last night!

Good wee system Karl, what do you reckon, I like the action/reaction system.

Next time I'm going to have Easy Company screaming Eagles ready to deploy!
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Fri Mar 11 2011, 05:13

It is nice, a lot more straightfoward on the table than in the book as well. I like the cinematic feel of declaring your intentions, nly to fluff your priority roll and seeing your target disappear, or even running through a wood into a hail of sten gun fire Wink
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  SortiumSought Fri Mar 11 2011, 05:17

I've been painting up partisans for SotTR and they are essentially proper WWII as I haven't any really weird figures yet. Barring some in gas masks with the SotTR rifles and stens. I could leave them out.
Prepared to learn and try anything new.
Will be up Friday night and next Wednesday.

Jim
SortiumSought
SortiumSought

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11 2011, 05:23

Would you guys be up for chatting about this ruleset on video? Just a minute or two...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Fri Mar 11 2011, 05:50

I would, but I think Neil is more of a radio personality Razz
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Mar 11 2011, 06:32

kwi wrote:I would, but I think Neil is more of a radio personality Razz

Lol smart arse! Yes phil I would give it a blast but Karls not allowed to use his loaded dice again!
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next