Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kill Team - 40K

+8
kwi
meleth
Duce
KharnForBloodGod
Revic
Eiglepulper
Velsharoon
Neil
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kill Team - 40K - Page 3 Empty Re: Kill Team - 40K

Post  kwi Tue Jan 18 2011, 04:31

WooHoo 5 Juggers 200 pts exactly and they are Infantry so no restriction.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  odinswolf Wed Jan 19 2011, 02:15

quick rules question on unit upgrading. if a model already has the upgrade eg hit and run i take it that unit has the skill as the codex would have factored that into the points cost?
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Wed Jan 19 2011, 04:42

odinswolf wrote:quick rules question on unit upgrading. if a model already has the upgrade eg hit and run i take it that unit has the skill as the codex would have factored that into the points cost?

Yeah I agree with that, if a model has special rule already costed in the codex then it will have it in killzone, remember guys there are some nice upgrades in the PDF killzone rules.
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Thu Jan 20 2011, 21:13

2 quick questions-

Exarch powers- how will they work? the rules allow for items to have an AoE on other models but Exarch powers are neither items nor normally benefit aspects other than their own. will they be AoE rules which affect only the 1 aspect or...?

Would anyone object to me using a Vyper jetbike in my force? its partly because i am Saim-Hann and would like somethin fluffy, also i am modelling one to have a small webway portal on the back which allows my force to rapidly engage and disengage the battlefield. would there be objections to this? they are fragile and overcosted as it is after all lol
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Thu Jan 20 2011, 21:52

I think we should be self policing ourselves when it comes to this, if you think it fits your storyline and within the spirit of the game then go for it.

We had a great discussion last night talking about how we could run things, shall leave it to Neil to post since its his baby.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Duce Thu Jan 20 2011, 22:17

sir_m1ke wrote:2 quick questions-

Exarch powers- how will they work? the rules allow for items to have an AoE on other models but Exarch powers are neither items nor normally benefit aspects other than their own. will they be AoE rules which affect only the 1 aspect or...?

Would anyone object to me using a Vyper jetbike in my force? its partly because i am Saim-Hann and would like somethin fluffy, also i am modelling one to have a small webway portal on the back which allows my force to rapidly engage and disengage the battlefield. would there be objections to this? they are fragile and overcosted as it is after all lol

I'd ahve thought that exarch powers only effect those of th esame aspect shrine, and if you wanted 12'' auras for the powers means you can spread out but not have the benefits too far away.
Duce
Duce

http://nibble.playsboard.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Jan 21 2011, 05:25

sir_m1ke wrote:2 quick questions-

As far as exarch powers go this is up to you mike, as long as your opponent has no problems with it then i dont either. this is for fun so just as long as we all keep it fluffy

as for jetbike, same thing mike as long as your opponent doesnt have a problem then neither do i, just need to keep things on even playing field
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Fri Jan 21 2011, 22:54

Ill probably just keep Exarch powers to models of the same aspect, for simplicity and fluff sake Smile
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Fri Jan 21 2011, 23:36

Edit: posted in wrong thread.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Sat Jan 22 2011, 00:43

Hhhmmm thunderwolf cav

Four of them for 200 points nom nom

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Sat Jan 22 2011, 00:55

Beasts and Cavalry are restricted unless you buy the 'Swift as the Wind' doctrine for 10pts. There was some disgust when I pointed out Bloodcrushers are infantry Big Grin
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Sat Jan 22 2011, 03:09

It's a little bit silly and I don't plan to do it, but looking at it I could have three and a few greyhunters and a wolf guard

But again twc in such a small scale game is unfair, after all there isn't much that will stop them in 2k army's never mind a kill team game lol
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Sat Jan 22 2011, 04:13

I'm taking 5 'crushers, seems a bit cheesy, but lack of ranged attacks and a lack of speed should balance them out.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sat Jan 22 2011, 11:55

ok guys we are aiming for next wednesday to get this all kicked off, whoever is down just make yourself known to the kill team 'team'.

Just added some new fluff for Eldar and Nids on the other thread

We are hoping to get this started soon and finished soon, so we dont overly drag this out to long.

And guys big thanks to all for adding fluff, it makes my job a lot easier plus we all have a stake in the campaign now, so as the campaign moves on just speak to your opponent and decide what mission you want to fight and develop the story around it, would appreciate your mission then subsequent fluff to then get added on the other thread to keep story line going!

so have fun and may the emperor protect!
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Thu Jan 27 2011, 11:27

So kill team started tonight, was a good start by all accounts everyone enjoyed thmselves.

more fluff should be put up soon by the guys on the other thread, on this thread guys stick down anything you think we could improve on, like was there anything mission wise we could change(i know there was an issue in andy/justins game) or rules related?
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu Jan 27 2011, 19:24

Hay guys just looked on the list and see neil is running a space wolf team, so I'll change to blood angels would be alot better if we had different chapters, I'll get a post sorted on the other thread

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Thu Jan 27 2011, 22:24

Ironwolf wrote:Hay guys just looked on the list and see neil is running a space wolf team, so I'll change to blood angels would be alot better if we had different chapters, I'll get a post sorted on the other thread

Rik

This is only an uber short narrative campaign, kinda like play testing to see how to go about running a collaboration such as this. So yeh its only gonna be on for like another two weeks, keeps people interested in it without dragging it out and gives it a start and a finish. We want short flurries of activity while people are excited (common occurence last night was people saying they are motivated to paint etc). Point of the post is dont miss out, get your game on Rocking
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiglepulper Fri Jan 28 2011, 06:49

Jamie and I will be having a set-to tomorrow, hopefully. 1k Sons vs the Deathwatch? Bring it on.

Roger
Eiglepulper
Eiglepulper

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Jan 28 2011, 07:27

Eiglepulper wrote:Jamie and I will be having a set-to tomorrow, hopefully. 1k Sons vs the Deathwatch? Bring it on.

Roger

Good stuff Roger, I think Justin might be down also with his necrons also
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  KharnForBloodGod Fri Jan 28 2011, 08:38

It looks like i won't be down until 830 tomorrow so no necron vs deathwatch for me but the sons might get a bit gauss action
KharnForBloodGod
KharnForBloodGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dearg_Doom Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:42

Just finished a game with Rogers Ordos Xenos Death Watch team. Well we didnt exactly finish, had to call it time early so Roger could get away. Points ended up 18 points to the Death Watch, 20 for the 1k Sons. Also added more fluff. Its abit long but couldnt refine it any more. Next challenger Big Grin
Dearg_Doom
Dearg_Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Mon Jan 31 2011, 10:19

This wednesday 2nd installment of Calaxia, last week forces of light and dark had mixed results, lets see how they fair out this time.

Its a 3 week campaign guys so get games in now if you can, we plan to finish it Wed 9th Feb with a bigger multi player game.

fate of galaxy is in your hands...
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Thu Feb 03 2011, 11:48

Week 2 now gone, we have a few forces making good ground on the other now, necrons nids and 1k sons seem to be faring the best.

next week with be final installment of the campaign, so the good guys need to shape up!

Guys stick down your thoughts as to the final battle, what format, players, mission, points etc etc

Lets try and have something organised and in are heads prior to next wednesday
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Feb 04 2011, 09:14

Excellent fluff as always Jamie, right the rest of you reprobates get ur fluff sorted!! Or else!

Depending on how tomorrow nights games go will influence the finale, at present thinking of going basic forces of good trying to defend a position while Eldar try to disable webway while forces of evil battle to destroy them
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Fri Feb 04 2011, 10:04

Thats not fluff its anti imperial propaganda!

Good write up tho and a fantastic game. RIP my poor Inquisitor.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next